How will you go beyond the walls of your classroom this year?
The Web Design Contest
Three schools are teamed by GVC into a single team. That team works together to create a website about a world issue that they have chosen collaboratively.This is a full year commitment which involves knowing how to create a website. Schools also need strong collaboration skills, as the 3 schools in each team are separated geographically, but need to work together as one.
More information can be found on the GVC wiki
GVC ClubhouseThe Global Virtual Classroom Clubhouse invites you to join projects and learn about other students and places around the world. Join the wiki and get started!
As an additional feature this year, we have added a Skype chat group called: GVCclubhouse.
Here are some of the ongoing projects:
- Literature Corner - Original stories and poems as well as book reviews recommending books to other students.
- International Recipes - Students and teachers from around the globe contribute recipes for favorite dishes.
- Regions - Tell us about where you live; read about other parts of the world.
- Great Men & Women - Who are the great thinkers and changers of society?
- HandMade - What things are made by hand by people in your country?
Reach out and join us this school year!
Founder & President
GVC Program Manager
GlobalDreamers is a project created originally by Marsha Goren, Israel, who also runs the "Teaching for Life" Wiki with worksheets for teachers of English as a foreign language.
Global Virtual Classroom is sponsored by Give Something Back International, Florida, USA.